Sunday, September 16, 2018

Time to Say Ciao (bye) - My Thought

Our family vacation trip has ended. It's time to say good by to Italy! Even though my grandchildren said they didn't want to go home to America. Everyone loved Italy, the town Todi, the house, the pool, and all the sightseeing trips. I am so grateful that everybody got along very well, were cheerful, loved and cared for each other.
The weather was perfect! It's hot during the day but cool at night. We didn't need air conditioning because this house was built hundreds years ago with very thick walls. So, it's cool in Summer and warm in Winter. We cooked several times in house, it has commercial kind of kitchen, well equipped. We ate out a lot times after sightseeing, I think we had enough real Italian food like prosciutto, all kind of pastas, truffle oil dish ....and wine.
Umbria, the place we chose was full of ancient history. My husband loves history, he helped me to write each subject's history behind it. I truly appreciate his patience.
Although August is a peak season for travelers, the places we visited and did sightseeing were not crowded at all. (Only in Rome and London, airports were so crowded, it's jammed). The weather was hot but not as hot as here. It's gorgeous there!
We all are glad to be home. And back to real world! Until next time. (8/26/2018)
Long private driveway to the house up on the hill

My two daughters ( they are 10 years apart ) 
We saw many Sunflower fields, almost end of season




Our house keeper (next to my grandson) cooked for us twice

No comments:

Post a Comment