Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Free Style Using Summer Flower - Magnolia

For our Mainline Sogetsu Study Group, our June class will be the last one of the session. Although we all had been vaccinated, we still do not feel comfortable enough to have class in person. So, Hata Sensei will be teaching again over Zoom. Free Style using Summer flowers is our assignment. I thought I could use my previous peony arrangement to submit to be critiqued, but that was a Spring flower. OK! Summer flowers!  Here comes: Magnolia tree branches and flower, using driftwood for stabilization and choice of red accent ceramic vase. (I submitted on 6/16)

Today 6/21/2021 in zoom class, Sensei did a wonderful and beautiful demonstration through video lesson. When my picture showed up, Sensei said magnolia flower is very powerful material, it need strong branches to go with it. She also said that I used just right amount of magnolia tree branches….  I am happy that I got a very good comments! Beside Sensei also showed one of my peony Arrangement.

Front view

View from above
Side view

No comments:

Post a Comment