Sunday, October 24, 2021

October Ikebana Class- First Time in Person

It’s hard to believe, the last Mainline Sogetsu Study Group class lesson in person was 20 months ago. Now on 10/18/2021, which was the third Monday of the month, we met again, 20 classmates together with Hata Sensei for the first time of this year. We’re all so glad and grateful!

Lessons for October:  (1) Freestyle expressing the joy of reconnecting, (2) Finding the line in a branch, talk from Sensei about her process and artistic eye to see the shape, what to keep, what to cut, and then make an arrangement using that line,  (3) Book 4, lesson 10, Vegetables and/or fruits in an arrangement (not morimono). I didn’t do this one, because I had to leave the class early.

Lesson (1): “The joy of reconnecting” I reused the bittersweet
vine. Sensei agreed to add a washi paper fan in the arrangement. 



Lesson (2): I used my artistic eye to trim the dogwood branch.



This arrangement could be my lesson (3), I posted on 10/2




Marcia’s lesson 2 arrangement 

Sensei’s freestyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment