Monday, October 24, 2022

October Class Lesson - Make a Reed Structure

Without Hata Sensei’s presence in this month’s class, Marcia, Sarah and Jonne planned a wonderful lesson for us.  “We will learn how to make a reed structure that can be twisted into an arrangement."  

I found an old sushi mat that I usually use for rolling sushi (see below). To be able to twist it, you have to cut off the outside three white threaded lines, but keep two center lines. After I finished two mats, I twisted two of them to make a structure and blended it into my arrangement. For this arrangement I chose a silver metal container.  Some classmates purchased long mats to make their structures. I posted some of their gorgeous arrangements. Please see below:  (10/18/2022)

Azalea, mum, bittersweet and reed structure 


From other angle 

Classmate’s arrangement, beautiful!


Classmate’s arrangement 

Classmate’s arrangement 

Sushi mat


No comments:

Post a Comment