Monday, October 16, 2023

October Class Lesson (3) - Fruiting Plant Materials

Our persimmon trees are having a lot of fruits this fall, which are still hanging on the trees. In comparison, we harvested only one persimmon last year. In fact, you need two persimmon trees to bear fruit. So, we planted two young trees six years ago. It took four or five years to finally bear many persimmon fruits! I am really thrilled! 

For the class lesson, the subject was “Fruiting Plant Materials." My persimmon branches came in handy just in time. Sensei was not only using my persimmon branches for demonstration, I also shared some of them for my classmates to use. For myself, I used four persimmon branches (5 persimmons) and a dried tree branch arranged in a heavy duty ceramic vase to hold securely in place, then added mums and pine to complete my arrangement.  (10/10/2923)



Sensei’s demo 


No comments:

Post a Comment