Thursday, December 7, 2023

How I Interpreted My Artwork in the Arrangement

My daughter, Vivian, who is an architect, explained to me what “Quartersawn” meant (the title of the painting). Initially, I picked the painting for its vibrant colors, but I had no idea what was the meaning of the word, quartersawn. Then with her help and researching, I changed my preliminary thoughts to have more depth and understanding of the word. During the Thanksgiving gathering, I had my granddaughter, Hadynn, help me. She spray painted some bamboo strips blue for me. Later, all I needed to do was just buy flowers and gather other materials. I tried to arrange it at home until the we were ready to go to set up.

Materials: blue painted bamboo strips, bleached mitsumata, orange alstroemeria, yellow mum, pale yellow small carnation, and dried Aspidistra / two black ceramic containers and wood 

Exhibition from 12/1 to 12/3/2023



No comments:

Post a Comment