Thursday, August 18, 2011
Materials: Honey sucker, Rose of Sharon.
Container: bamboo( made in Taiwan).
I used the same dried branches and Coral bell leaf for both arrangements, the only difference was the flowers (Gaillardia and Dahlia). I think both arrangements have the same contemporary look.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Friday, August 12, 2011
Onc. Mendenhall "Hildos"
After I repotted this plant in May, before I knew it, it started to spike. Now it's in full bloom. I always love this orchid but it seems difficult to flower. I am thrilled this time.
Oncidium Alliance "Wild Cat"
Last July, it had more flowers and it cascaded more beautifully than this time.
L. Purpurata var. carnea x Bl. Richard Mueller
Surprise! It's blooming at my orchids' "vacation site" (under a big pine tree outside). I didn't check them regularly because I've been out of town a lot. When I discovered this flowering there, one of the flowers had already faded and fell down. (Please check the same one last year Oct. 2010).
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
I had to redo this assignment today at home because I didn't like what I did in yesterday's class.
I was at Rehoboth beach (DE) to join my daughter's family, to help watch the kids and also to enjoy a mini vacation. I came home late, so there was no time (and no idea) to prepare for the next day's class. I jokingly told my husband I flunked this time. So, today I spent some time making a container using old grapevine, tied with wire first, then wrapped with bamboo skin (soaked in water first) to look better. Finally I could arrange flowers in both sides. I don't know what my teacher will say about this composition, but I am happy with what I did this time.