Friday, December 20, 2013

Three Arrangements for Demomstration

A group of Taiwanese American retirees in NJ, named "Living Well Club," meet every Wednesday. Each week they invite a speaker to give a lecture, such as "About Medicare," "How money works," "Wildlife of Costa Rica," etc. This Wednesday, I was invited to talk about "Ikebana, Japanese Floral Art." This was my third time sharing my learning experience and using a power point to explain my Ikebana works selected from my blog. At the end, I demonstrated two basic styles (Nageire and Moribana) and one free style. I am so happy to have had this chance to review and practice my Ikebana arrangement. (12/18/2013)
Basic upright style moribana
Boxwood branch, Mum with ceramic container







Basic Variation No.6 Horizontal Style Nageire
Holly, Carnation and Mum in bronze vase

Free style
Boxwood, berry and mum using driftwood as container

No comments:

Post a Comment