Saturday, July 7, 2018

Ikebana Exhibition at TAC/EC- My arrangements(3)

This year's Ikebana program at TAC/East Coast, I had two pieces of arrangement. One for exhibition, the other one was demonstration piece. I also helped out for stage decoration.  
1) My large arrangement: "Rustic Beauty" is the title.
Material: Azalea, Sunflower, Cornflower head, Yarrow, Arborvitae and a piece of lichen covered branch ( I found it from a dead tree). A piece of wood trunk for base.
Container: Africa wood crafted container. 
2) My demonstration piece: Using both fresh and unconventional materials
Material: Plastic file cover (cut in triangle shape to echo the container), Solomon seal, Sunflower and vine. The vine softens the shape of container and show some movement. I purposely selected color contrast with purple plastic and yellow sunflower.
Container: Triangular ceramic vase with three holes.
I felt a little bit challenge to arrange this triangle vase from behind. To do a demonstration, you should have a teacher's certificated paper, and you should stand behind, face the audiences to do the arrangement.       
"Rustic Beauty" By Lynn J. Lee
close up
"Shaped by Obstacle" By Lynn J. Lee

Tried and practiced at home from behind

No comments:

Post a Comment