Wednesday, March 20, 2019

My arrangement at the Philadelphia Flower Show

When I was given an assignment for the Philadelphia Flower Show, I was excited and a bit worried about what kind of arrangement it was going to be. My platform size was 4'x4'x1', the background wall was 9' tall. It was one of the largest locations. The theme behind my arrangement was about spring time and naturalistic scenic. As soon as I knew my platform size, I brought out my tree root from the garage which I collected a long time ago and a big Japanese vase, they matched so well together. Also I started forcing Azalea and Japanese quince to flower, it took 6 weeks to bud and flower. My husband helped me to cut a few tall Siberian dogwood and a friend from our garden club let me cut her Camellia branches. All of these materials were used for my base.
Thanks to my husband for helping me the whole way, from finding the materials (many I decided not to use), to transporting the materials to setting up.


This arrangement should be viewed by three sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment