Friday, October 25, 2019

Lemoto Akane Teshigahara Workshop

The Blooms and Bamboo event programs end with Lemoto Akane Teshigahara's workshop (10/4/2019). The tickets sold out really fast, limited to a total of 50 people, and only for advanced students or certified teachers to attend Lemoto's workshop. I was so delighted to be part of this workshop. This was a rare opportunity to learn from Sogetsu Lemoto Akane Teshigahara. I didn't have to fly to Japan for this experience!

The materials put on my table were three chrysanthemums and five flax leaves. Everyone brought their own container, without knowing what were the provided materials, I brought two containers, in this case, I choose a smaller one for my arrangement. After 35 minutes, Lemoto Akane gave every arrangement a critique. I got a very good comments: The line, dimension, height and flower's position were all right and very nice...It made my day, so happy!       
Lemoto's free style arrangement

"You in Ikebana" by Lemoto

My Teacher Hata Sensei's arrangement

My arrangement, added some blue aster
Other Sensei's (Riji) arrangement

No comments:

Post a Comment