Sunday, October 18, 2020

Autumn Splendor - Demonstration for Zoom Class

I was invited to do a demonstration for BuxMount Sogetsu study group Zoom class on October 13. Using wood was the subject. A big piece of bare rooted wood that I found from a discarded wood pile (see below). I used this piece of wood as my base for an arrangement. I gathered all the possible materials that I might like to use, such as bittersweet, hydrangea, mum, hosta and....
I only used two water tubes for mums to keep them fresh. The hydrangea, bittersweet and hosta would gradually dry nicely without water. All these materials I carefully arranged into the rooted hole to complete my composition.
There is another subject of arrangement in text book 4 for composition with dried materials, I can present this one as well.

 This is a rather big arrangement, more than two feet tall:
practice demo on outside patio 

My demonstration arrangement 


Upside down rooted wood

No comments:

Post a Comment