Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Art in Bloom at the Delaware Contemporary Art Museum (1)

When I saw my assigned painting, I was so puzzled! I thought, “Wow! How am I going to interpret it with my Ikebana design?” That was my first reaction. To better understand the art, I made a special trip to go to see this painting in person at The Delaware Contemporary art museum in Wilmington, Delaware. I was glad that I went! The title is “Anxiety at Night," painted by Catharine Fichtner. Surprisingly, I thought that it suited me so well, because lately I have not been sleeping well and have been getting headaches often. Subconsciously, I might have a little anxiety, it is vicious cycle! 

The 22 members of Ikebana International Philadelphia Chapter #71 will participate in the special exhibit “Art in Bloom,” at the Delaware Contemporary. Their Ikebana arrangements are inspired by the art work and the exhibition will run from 12/3 to 12/5/2021.



No comments:

Post a Comment