Monday, May 20, 2024

Demonstration and Workshop

A good friend of mine invited me to participate in the demonstration along with Doris herself and Haloko at the Grace Church on Saturday, May 18, 2024. Each person did two demo arrangements then followed workshop. We had twenty persons participated, they all learned Ikebana basic upright style moribana.

I always emphasize to use seasonal materials, especially this time of year, there are so many beautiful flowers in bloom in my garden. If I don’t use them I would feel so sorry for them and myself!  Peonies, irises, lilacs, hosta, peeled wisteria vine, mountain laurel, Solomon seal and weigela were used in my two freestyle arrangements. (5/18/2024)

Tried at home earlier with tree peony and nine bark

Tried earlier with weigela  


Two demo arrangements at church 


Demo by Doris using bamboo pieces 


No comments:

Post a Comment