Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Arranging with wood


My house is surrounded by woods, like a small forest. I was wandering in the woods yesterday, trying to find the best segment of wood and vine possible for today's class assignment. I used three pieces of wood that I found. I bent the vine and tied it first and arranged them all to support each other. The two pieces wood ended up being the same length, so my teacher suggested putting the Hydrangea in front to cover one piece of wood, then I put Cat tails in the back to give some height. The final composition looks well stabilized and beautiful. It's in the fall theme too! (10/6/09).

This arrangement practiced what we already learned. "Basic upright style Nageire" I was purposely choosing a white vase for the white Daises. What do you think? (10/6/09)

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a student of Sogetsu Ikebana.
    I think it is pretty :)

    ReplyDelete