Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ikebana International Philadelphia Chapter#71

My teacher invited us, the students, to the Ikebana International (I.I) Philadelphia Chapter's lunch meeting last Thursday (9/24/09). Mrs. Kika Shibata was the guest demonstrator. She earned the prestigious title of RIJI, the highest degree offered by the Sogetsu school. She was appointed the Sogetsu regional Director of North America from 1996 to 2002 and she was chosen by Headmaster Akane Teshigahara as coordinator of west coast in North America. She also remains an active member of I.I. and She is the most active Sogutsu teacher internationally. Mrs. Kika Shibata specializes in unique line designs that enrich living and working environment. (Biography summarized from the I.I. program)

She traveled from San Jose to Philadelphia to demonstrate. She used all different kind of materials and containers to make a big Ikebana flower arrangement. All of them are beautiful. I definitely learned something from the I.I. meeting. Below is her work.





No comments:

Post a Comment