Friday, February 21, 2020

February Lessons with Hata Sensei - Making Ikebana from The Heart

This last two weeks, my mind has been wondering and thinking about the Philadelphia Flower Show- my Ikebana design, besides the regular monthly class lesson. It's been quite busy!

Three Lesson for February (2/17/2020)
1) Making Ikebana from the heart - Book 3 p.59
I picked this ceramic container, because I like its color and shape. And it happened, I had the yellowish lichened branches to match the container's partial gold spot. Together I made a simple beautiful Ikebana. Whatever the lesson is, I always put my heart into my arrangement and it is reflected in my Ikebana design. So it gradually become my own style!

Sensei's demo 
my arrangement using Alstroemeria, pine and lichened branches

2) Basic Upright Style -  Nageire book 1-5 tate-no-soegi-dome (vertical type structure)
my arrangement / Japanese quince, mum and pine
Sensei's demo arrangement
Marcia's arrangement
3) Dried, Bleached, or Colored Materials - book 4 - 13
Sensei's arrangement
tried at home 1
tried at home 2
my arrangement in the class
classmate's arrangement
my arrangement at home 3

No comments:

Post a Comment