Saturday, June 20, 2020

Orchids - Oncidium (Dancing Lady) - Spectacular

I bought one Oncidium orchid from the Bucks County Orchid Society two years ago. It had two upright long stems, full of flowers and looked very healthy! The name tag said: Odontocidium Catatante 'Kilauea Karma'. I had been enjoying it for a long while, until its flowers faded, then I forgot about this plant completely. This past May, I noticed there was a new spike about 5 cm. I watched it grow longer and longer, when it started to bloom, 5 weeks had passed already. The flowering stem is up to more than 4 feet long.
This orchid produces spectacular flowers of bright orange and gold color on a very arch like flowering stem, because it's long and heavy. I am thrilled and proud!

The flowers from this orchid are bountiful (approximately 80 flowers) and bright, demanding attention.
6/18/2020 in full bloom

close up view




6/14/2020


5/13/2020
6/2/2020

Onc. Mtdm. Issaku Nagata
6/17/2020
The Ocidium orchid is an easy to grow hybrid that will tolerate the average home temperatures and require a well- lit spot, but no direct sunlight during the growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment