Sunday, January 31, 2016

MWGC - Gala 2016

The Martha Washington Garden Club Gala and covered-dish luncheon was held on 1/27/2016. It is our major fund raising event for scholarships for students pursuing a horticulture/floral related field.
The program: Presenting Alan Kiryluck, he created a number of unique floral arrangements which were raffled off after the event.
I am glad that I could contribute a big arrangement for the entrance hallway table and donated an orchid basket to be raffled off for my club. I was happy to receive many compliments on my arrangement, which is supposed to be viewed from all sides. My ikebana arrangement was an interesting contrast to the western-styled arrangements.
An arrangement to be viewed all around
Material: Silver painted bamboo, Alstroemeria, carnation, Winter
 berry, nandina and Cyprus with a set of ceramic container
Back side view
One member's table arrangement 
My dress up orchid basket
Another table design setting
Few of some wrapped baskets to be raffled off (total of 40 plus)

No comments:

Post a Comment